Monday, February 26, 2007

Life on an Island

Okay, now I've survived Second Life. It was as much fun as I expected! I'll never be a great gamer...and I read an article about the problems in Utopia...but I'm still intrigued. I must truly be an optimist down deep inside, to believe that we could create paradise where people could get along. Hmmm - it hasn't worked so far on any known planet.

One student today reported 19 new inches of snow. Meanwhile, we enjoyed lunch outside in short sleeves. Texas has a few days of nice weather. Unfortunately, since I felt obligated to read drafts of ethnographies so that everyone could move ahead with their research, I spent most of the day inside wishing to be outside.

I'm interested in hearing fun spring break plans from anyone who wants to share. I think we'll go camping in Big Bend and enjoy the stars, silence, and lack of internet connection. I haven't finished reading Wikinomics, so I'll save that for break. Any other reading suggestions?

1 comment:

Leslie said...

My spring break plans are nothing exciting like a camping trip. We are saving all of our money to take the kids to Disney World next year before my son starts kindergarten. Looks like I will be working on my ethnography project and another curriculm project!