Thursday, April 26, 2007

Another semester almost over

Coming up this weekend is my very favorite time in Denton. It makes living with frequent hailstorms, unbearably hot Augusts, very little seafood, and almost everything else worth it. Coming up is a 3-day Jazz Fest - sitting outside, listening to free music, eating funnel cake, watching the people and dogs, visiting with friends, and relaxing. I never take papers to grade (now I have an excuse since most work is online) and just savor the time. So, picture me from Friday through Sunday night at the local park. I'd give the link here, but we really don't want more people to come!

Meanwhile, it's hard to believe that another semester is ending. I've enjoyed the comments and sharing in Diversity. I appreciate the open attitudes and willingness to re-think old ideas or beliefs. I'm looking forward to the final essays.

This summer I'll be teaching another favorite, after a long lapse - Family Financial Counseling. We focus on working with families who have severe money problems, rather than those who have extra money. I also have a goal to improve my online teaching with more videos and embedded audio. I hope to incorporate some of the elements learned from the Quality Matters course I recently completed. I'm also open to suggestions from any students!

No comments: