Monday, January 15, 2007

Course Shell Ready on MLK Day

Okay, now I'm really committed to blogging - I mentioned it in the syllabus, so I can't back out. You can do your homepage in Bb and link to your own blog--not required, just encouraged.

I think I should answer the same questions as the syllabus requests of you:
  • where I grew up: small town in Louisiana with mom, dad, 2 older brothers and a younger sister. My siblings are all still in Louisiana and we're all still close even though I've lived in Texas for many, many years.
  • food: favorites have been crawfish, shrimp, butter beans, greens, cornbread dressing. Now with 2 vegetarian children, my tastes and my cooking have changed (no more seasoning with bacon grease, for example).
  • music: jazz and blues. My husband and I are looking forward to a Marcia Ball concert next month.
  • family ritual: My family of origin has a family reunion once a year, at the family cemetery. My husband knows that we will go.

So, keep looking for some pictures to be posted soon. Meanwhile, explore Bb, complete the quizzes, think about your family for the ethnographic research.

No comments: